View Single Post
Old 12-19-2023, 03:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andthen View Post
I didn't get a chance to check back on the sentence so thanks to those of you who posted. I am personally glad she got a longer state sentence, there were so many things that feel through the cracks that lead up to this tragic event that as others have said not only impacted Ms. Zwerner but also the other students who witnessed what happened. I haven't seen any details as to what happened to the young boy who did the shooting but hopefully he is getting additional help to deal with whatever issues he is dealing with. It looks like from reading the wavy article she'll serve her federal time and then her state time afterwards?
Yes, that is what it sounds like. She was convicted of both state and federal crimes. The article doesn't mention that the judge in the Virginia court is allowing the state sentence to run concurrently; so, it sounds like she has to serve time in both jurisdictions.

I'm not sure if the state of Virginia is lenient with "good conduct" credit and will allow this mother an early release; however, the Feds are not. Federal inmates usually serve the bulk of their sentences. So she will likely serve the entire 21 months of her Federal term and then be transferred to Virginia state custody for the additional 2 years of state time.

True and Constant