View Single Post
Old 04-10-2024, 06:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Southside Virginia. Sometimes in the mountains. Any mountains will do.
Lake, I personally don't think you're off-topic. I think there's an undercurrent here that connects so many of these shootings, or stabbings, or head-bashings, or whatever mayhem some of our (meaning the children of our communities, not necessarily my kids--or yours ) children commit on others. I'm no expert, and I surely don't have an answer, except that (IMO only) the fix MUST start at the lowest possible level. Not the state, not the schools, not peers or "influencers". It has to start in the family, in the earliest days of a child's life, and grow from there; and the effort has to find a rich community environment to nurture it. Sadly, many of the young parents I'm acquainted with don't know how to model the necessary parenting skills, because they've never been modeled FOR them. They may see and understand the need, but they don't know how to make it happen.

Equally sadly, I'll bet that the Crumbleys serve maybe 3-5 years, if that. More for him since he couldn't keep his mouth shut. He probably won't be able to behave himself in prison, either.

One last link re Ms. Zwerner's ordeal: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ack-rcna147247

/rant over