View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 05:30 PM
GreekChat Member

If you don't really want your second and third choice, you probably shouldn't try to be a quota addition since there's no guarantee that you'll be a QA at the one chapter you like.

I think I would just have the recruitment counselors emphasize as much as possible that you can be matched to any group you list on the card. Have them talk about it several times throughout the process. Be honest and admit that leaving a chapter off the bid card doesn't affect your chances of getting a bid at the ones you do list if you really don't want the chapter you leave off.

My opinion may be biased by looking at the stats from the couple of campuses that release them to the public, but it seems like arranging bid events or bid card practices around the relatively small number of girls who don't get what they want is kind of a downer for everyone. It ought to be the case that we can assume that if the PNM listed the chapter, then she's happy that she matched. Let the celebration begin!

Sure, she may not think she's as happy as if she got her number one, but why approach things like "are you going be okay with this bid?' rather than "yea, you got this bid!" if the girl really can't do much about it anyway?