View Single Post
Old 08-30-2023, 10:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
When you’re pretty much told “if you don’t like it, you can quit” I would say you have run into a brick wall regarding taking it up with the organization. As many things that get labeled hazing because they “place one sister above another” KKG has done exactly that. They have shown that Artemis, who keep in mind did not meet grade requirements and was voted on in an unorthodox fashion, is more important than the members who filed the lawsuit. Perhaps when they refile they should throw in a hazing charge.
Just to be clear, I'm not saying that KKG did the right thing here, especially with the unorthodox way they apparently went about their member selection. I do agree that "hitting a brick wall" within the organization is frustrating. 100%

My point is that I am not at all surprised the court said that there wasn't much they could do to help a private organization which voted this member in. I think the lawsuit was as more about bringing attention and saying to KKG HQ that "we're serious", than it was about having any actual legal standing.

KKG is having their Convention this next spring. Perhaps the members need to make themselves heard during the general session. The problem is that people are afraid to speak up because they don't want to lose their membership and, that my friends, is where KKG has got them where they want them.

True and Constant