View Single Post
Old 09-20-2023, 01:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
The ones I know about, Navane, weren't prepared because they didn't think they needed to be. I'm a 5 time legacy so I have it made syndrome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
Many mothers, sisters, aunts, grandmothers, are not active alumnae and are relying on information ( often incorrect) they heard as collegiate members. They don’t keep contact info up to date with their national offices, they don’t write recs, don’t hold membership in alumnae chapters, volunteer, or otherwise support their org, nor do they receive their org’s magazine. If they do receive it, they don’t read it. In other words, they are completely out of touch with current sorority policies, and assume that if their legacy shows up saying she is a legacy, that is enough. And from what I see, this is more often the norm than the exception.

Right.

Many GLOs took away legacy status privileges on the account that legacy PNMs were thought to have advantages that other PNMs from non-collegiate families or differing socioeconomic backgrounds didn't have.

Not showing up prepared, mom is uninformed or has outdated information, getting cut right away by non-legacy chapters who assume the PNM wants the legacy chapter, having a poor attitude....

So, based on your observations, maybe being a legacy isn't the big leg-up that many GLOs seem to think it is?

It sounds like a detriment.

True and Constant