View Single Post
Old 07-29-2023, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator

At present there are many alumnae of NPC sororities that I know who are disgruntled with their organizations for various reasons, among them the changes to legacy policies. My observations are that collegiate members are pleased with the new policies. People of the age don’t like to be told what to do, and since they are daughters and not mothers yet, they don’t realize how much it would mean to an alum for her daughter to become a sister. The curious part of the equation is the the national orgs are willing to sacrifice monetary donations from alums as a well as the countless cost free hours alums donate as local, regional, and national officers, and as advisors to collegiate chapters.

I have known women in different sororities who reacted in varying ways when their daughters were dropped by their sororities. Some threw their support to their daughters orgs during the time the daughters were in college. Some continued to support their daughters orgs after the women had graduated, not giving their own orgs the time of day. Some continued to support their own orgs only on a national level, especially if they had previously locally supported the collegiate chapter that had dropped their daughters. I do know many women like you who still hurt from the disappointment of their sororities not giving their daughters a fair chance. And 10 or 20 years later, those raw feelings claw their way to the surface and the moms relive the hurt. Hugs to you PJS. I hope you and your daughters are doing well. It is good to see you back.