View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 08:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RedRover
I know two women who dropped out of the recruitment process after preference but before bid day.

The first, I''ll call her Jane, said she enjoy the recruitment process and made a lot of friends along the way. However, when it came time to make a decision, she realized that while she met a lot of nice women during the rush process, she didnt want to live with most of them. She said it would be difficult to consider most of these women as friends let alone as sisters. She said she is still friends with the women she met during rush.

The second woman, I will call her Sally, also withdrew before bid day. She said that there houses that she did it off with, however, she wasn't invited back. As for the houses that she did receive invitations, she said that she didn't feel any connection, a feeling that continued through preference round. When it came time to submit her bid card, she decided not to continue.

Neither woman said they regretted their decision, although both said that they wished that their campus was not so dominated by Greek Life. Jane helped organize a special interest group in the dorms and found an interesting on campus job. Sally got accepted into a demanding honors program.

Jane and Sally said that maybe on different campuses under different circumstances they might have joined a sorority.