View Single Post
Old 07-19-2023, 11:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencewoman View Post
The ACT and the SAT have becoming optional at so many schools, I don't think we'll be seeing them have much impact moving forward.

There is mixed data on whether test scores predict college success -- check the source, because there is "pro test" data from studies that were funded by the the test companies themselves. Other data indicate a stronger correlation with HS GPA.
My completely anecdotal experience is that the people who test "well" don't always get where they want because the testing doesn't reflect their actual grades or success in school. My husband's nieces both took the LSAT during the summer of 2021: one is super smart but has okay grades, didn't study, and got a 174; the other had excellent grades, studied her butt off and got something like a 170.

Who actually got into her first choice law schools during the first round, and who ended up being waitlisted every place she applied?

Long story short, there isn't much correlation with retention after freshman year. With that in mind--my take is that an SAT score is irrelevant for sorority recruitment. They've already gotten into the college!