View Single Post
Old 04-02-2023, 10:44 PM
GreekChat Member

y'all are being cruel and hurtful talking about LGBTQ+ people like we're all secretly shadowy rapists lurking around your virginal sorority members. spoiler alert: some of us are on this board and have been for a long, long time. I'm nonbinary, and my girlfriend is a trans woman. I am the "they/them warrior" y'all are making fun of (although I don't get super upset about pronouns and basically no trans person IRL I've ever met has). I have never felt less wanted or welcome here than now, and since it's clear to me I am not welcome I'm not going to be posting again. I know that we mock PNMs who flounce when they're mad they got released from their favorite chapter or whatever, but I'm saying I'm leaving to make it clear that saying hurtful things has consequences and there are real people behind these accounts.

I'm glad y'all aren't in charge of chapter membership decisions and I'm glad this board has becoming increasingly irrelevant to today's PNMs if this is the stance members are taking on diversity issues. there's a reason PNMs don't post here anymore and it's because y'all are painfully out of touch with collegians. commenting on the specific allegations the lawsuit makes is one thing, but misgendering the woman and acting as though she joined just to rape every woman in the sorority house is disgusting. and I'm a rape survivor too, so I don't discuss that issue casually.

I hope someday y'all learn kindness and empathy for people who are different from you because up until today that apparently hasn't happened.