View Single Post
Old 04-03-2023, 12:49 PM
GreekChat Member

clemsongirl, I attempted to send you a PM, but your inbox is full.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
And let’s be super clear: if there was a cis woman whose GPA didn’t measure up, who made bizarre comments at rush, and who sat around staring at other women when they were changing clothes or doing yoga, I wouldn’t blame a chapter for wanting her out, either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGTess View Post
Transgender women are women. Not "men ... claiming to identify as women".

That said, I'm convinced the numbers of trans women in the 18-22 age group attending college and seeking sorority membership are minuscule. It's hard to take a case as (seemingly) blatant as this one and attempt to generalize to all trans women seeking membership.
*Quoted the above for emphasis*

IMO, if the allegations are correct, the problem is the national org, not the transgender member who was given a bid.

If this was a cis woman who was pushed through with a sub-par GPA and who made the chapter members uncomfortable, I have to imagine this would still be a major issue. Granted, maybe not a lawsuit, as it might not violate their by-laws, but there SHOULD be the same level of outrage as we're seeing now surrounding this particular case.

I know there are many chapters out there that have been very welcoming of transgender/non-binary members. They are pushing for their orgs to be more inclusive. They feel safe with these members (who have met at least the minimum requirements for membership). There are already thousands of these members within our ranks, and as far as I can tell, there haven't been major safety issues and lawsuits.

If anyone wants to argue against having transgender people as part of NPC sororities due to Title IX, or traditional/historic reasons, or anything else, then make that argument. But don't use this case to do so by painting every transgender person as a predator. Because ultimately, if the allegations are true, this was the fault of the national org, not the creepy, unqualified person who was forced onto the chapter.

@~/~~~~