View Single Post
Old 04-03-2023, 11:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsongirl View Post
y'all are being cruel and hurtful talking about LGBTQ+ people like we're all secretly shadowy rapists lurking around your virginal sorority members. spoiler alert: some of us are on this board and have been for a long, long time. I'm nonbinary, and my girlfriend is a trans woman. I am the "they/them warrior" y'all are making fun of (although I don't get super upset about pronouns and basically no trans person IRL I've ever met has). I have never felt less wanted or welcome here than now, and since it's clear to me I am not welcome I'm not going to be posting again. I know that we mock PNMs who flounce when they're mad they got released from their favorite chapter or whatever, but I'm saying I'm leaving to make it clear that saying hurtful things has consequences and there are real people behind these accounts.

I'm glad y'all aren't in charge of chapter membership decisions and I'm glad this board has becoming increasingly irrelevant to today's PNMs if this is the stance members are taking on diversity issues. there's a reason PNMs don't post here anymore and it's because y'all are painfully out of touch with collegians. commenting on the specific allegations the lawsuit makes is one thing, but misgendering the woman and acting as though she joined just to rape every woman in the sorority house is disgusting. and I'm a rape survivor too, so I don't discuss that issue casually.

I hope someday y'all learn kindness and empathy for people who are different from you because up until today that apparently hasn't happened.
I’m the one who made the comment about NB pronouns. It was more sarcasm than seriousness….

There are a whole lot of assumptions in your post.

I don’t take sexual assault casually by any stretch of the imagination. Which is why I work in that field professionally. SA ihas altered the entire course of my life not once but twice and I still deal with the aftermath every single day in one way or another. Which is why I believe women should stand up and speak out if they feel unsafe…as these women did. I would never want to see anyone else’s life be affected like mine has.

Which does not mean I’m some weird person who is out of touch with “today’s youth” and secretly hates and judges all LGBTQ people.

I went to that Matthew Shepard rally in 1998 because I, myself, am a member of that community.

Within all communities, people can have different opinions and experiences.

I think this person had ulterior motives. If.you want to extrapolate that into believing I somehow hate and judge all people who happen to be transgender…that is absolutely not true. If I think OJ Simpson or R Kelly are terrible for the things they have done, does that make me racist? No, because my issue is with the actions and not the person’s skin color or gender or gender identity.

I sincerely wish you well and have always enjoyed your content.

ETA since a lot of people may not be aware…this has never been an issue for my particular sorority- as it’s a service sorority and not Title 9 exempt…so we have always had the option to pledge males…on my particular campus, no males were interested…but the option has existed for many years.

Again- the issue is with this specific person and how the sisters felt unsafe.

Last edited by *winter*; 04-03-2023 at 11:36 PM.