View Single Post
Old 08-23-2005, 05:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AXO_MOM_3
Whatever the reason, it does not mean that we have to whisper about that girl when we see her or ostrasize her forever because she did not get a bid. Call me silly, but I still believe in the Golden Rule - do unto others as you would have them do to you, or treat others the way you would like to be treated. Does not mean that we need to hang out with them or have a long conversations in the hallways with them, but we can at least respect them for making the effort to go through the recruitment process and nod or say hello to them once in awhile.
Agreed 110% - last year I heard from a few recruitment counselors that some PNM's were in the bathrooms between events, and sorority women were in their discussing THEM! I believe that once your membership selection is over for each event, then you should zip it up. There should be NO talking about a PNM outside of membership selection.

After recruitment is said & done, the sorority women should be cordial to the people that went through - regardless of whether or not they joined another house (especially on a small campus where people can and DO talk!)