View Single Post
Old 08-23-2005, 06:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Rollergirl2001
Quote:
Originally posted by trojangal
[B]I'll admit that when I went through rush, I was totally ignorant about the whole process. When I rushed, I had been dropped as well another young woman. I never knew how her Ro Chi handled it; mine, unfortunately, was awful. Invites were distributed in the mornings in envelopes under the doors by a certain time, usually before breakfast, so the girls could make their choices. When I was released, my Ro Chi just told me "You've been dropped." That's it. I didn't know I could go home. I didn't know what to do, especially being away from home ever for the first time, and not knowing a soul. It took me two days to call my mom and tell her that I hadn't been picked up. One girl in the group was awesome, and she sat with me while I cried. For the remainder of Rush, we had to stay in the dorms and watch other girls get ready. Of course, we were encouraged to go off campus if it bothered us to be around while others were getting ready--not that anyone ever had an idea where we could go in a small town. Nobody ever mentioned COB either, especially when chapters didn't make quota.
I feel your pain. When I went through rush last year, I was dropped after Philantrophy Day. I would cry for days, even in the bathroom between classes. Thank goodness that no one was in the bathroom with me. On the day I was dropped, I moped in bed after classes. I was too upset to eat. The next day, when I saw the girls in thier dresses for Pref night, I became sad, hostile, and frustrated.

I admit that I was jealous, but the jealousy went away along with time. I put my head back up high and realize that I'm a beautiful and nice girl and the rush experience will not keep me down.