View Single Post
Old 04-19-2024, 01:27 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
Ohhh, I didn’t know the images need to be hosted on another website first.
We may end up with image hosting / the ability of posting images directly on GC (without needing any other image hosting sites involved) relatively soon.

I already have the new server & have been working on it. Figuring out how I'd like to setup the hosting infrastructure, how to best optimize things, etc.

Also have been considering various other forum type software as well.

Quote:
So, the way I posted my dog was I went online to a JPEG to PNG free converter and it worked temporarily, until I posted it again. Then, it seemed to stay.
Image converter sites probably don't keep the converted images permanently. That might explain if you had posted an image from a converter site, then the image would disappear here if the converter site deletes images after a period of time.

There are image hosting sites that will retain pics permanently or at least maybe for a long time.

Quote:
Yes, that’s what I’m doing. I’m pasting the link in between [img] [/img]. But I swear, John, I remember going to google images, right clicking, copying, and then pasting. I must be going crazy, because I don’t ever recall using the [img] [/img] method until now. I believe you, it’s just that the other way is how I remember posting images on here way back when.
I'm not aware of the current software used here being able to copy/paste an image file directly within the message editing area.

If you want you can start a new thread to test out the different ways you've tried posting pics to see if you can figure that out. Or maybe even just use this thread to test out posting images.

Probably not neccessary to spend too much time figuring that out as the software here will change not too long from now. Then there might be a new or better way of posting images available.
^^^ Help Support GC ^^^