View Single Post
Old 04-02-2023, 07:59 PM
GreekChat Member

It is so ironic.

One thing this generation is really good at is educating people on consent...listening to your instincts if someone is making you uncomfortable and hopefully, speaking up.

Yet...throw a "woman" into the mix who changed genders like ten seconds ago and it all falls out the window.

If a typical college guy tried to infiltrate private spaces where women shower and get dressed, they would burn him at the stake.

IDK why i do this to myself...but sometimes I surf on Reddit just to see what people have to say. No one can get past the whole YOU ARE DISCRIMINATING AGAINST SOMEONE part...when, according to them, this has nothing to do with the gender the person was at birth...BUT IT DOES. We wouldn't be having this conversation if- quite frankly- there wasn't a functioning penis involved.

It doesn't mean anyone who takes issue with this is some hate filled person who despises all transgender people, everywhere

It's probably a huge embarrassment to the trans men and women who would never present themselves like this

It's basically gaslighting the women for acknowledging their discomfort in their OWN HOME

Not everyone wants to shower with a naked man (not of their choosing), or have to worry about their safety- again- IN THEIR OWN HOME

There are wolves in sheeps clothing in all walks of life. No one wants to admit that we have gone too far. I'm not going to go into details out of respect for privacy, but professionally I've been in two situations where men (of questionable character, not necessarily masquerading as transgender) have pushed their way into women's only spaces- because we can't exclude anyone...and women- particularly women in need who are in a very vulnerable point in their lives- suffered as a result.

In the documentary The Hunting Ground, they talk to actual rapists in silhouette. Turns out, these (formerly) college aged offenders were most excited to get to college because they would have more access to women...in dark corridors, in parties, not sober or coherent. Predators don't think like normal people; they make decisions as to increase their access to people they can victimize.

Maybe this person really is who they claim to be...but, to me, why even take the chance? Listen to the women who have to be around him and validate their safety concerns and feelings. Why are one person's feelings more important than that of the majority?

Men have plenty of places for camaraderie, as do LGBTQ people nowadays. Leave some spaces for women.