View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 01:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Texas State University/Southwest Texas Univeristy rush

So after 5 months of lurking around, shifting through LOTS of threads, i have to give up and ask for some help. I am looking to rush in the fall this year and i was trying to get a feel for what recruitment was like. The only link i could find that was pretty relevant was from 2002.

i have an idea of the gpa requirements (the school posts the grades online http://www.studentorgs.txstate.edu/greek/grades.htm) Im sure above the chapter average listed here is best, however ive tried asking the panhel office if below the average is acceptable but i've only been told that at least a 2.5 is a national requirement for the majority of the 6 sororities on campus. From what i have found here on GC, there are national and chapter gpa requirements. I guess what i am looking for is for example, a hypothetical situation, ABC has a 3.0 chapter avg, and Susie Q has a 2.9, is this going to be problem for Susie Q? Ive read threads about GPA cutoffs and many posters have said, most chapters wont take a girl below their chapter minimum gpa for obvious reasons, however, i dont know the minimum so should i use the chapter avg as an idea?

I'm doing well on recs so far, i'm not sure how competitive recruitment is here but the greeks are very visible on campus and to me, they seem like a large part of the student body. Im aiming for two recs for each organization, Should i aim for more?

I guess just any advice regarding recruitment here would be so helpful and much appreciated! i'm doing this on my own in a way, my family has no greeks on either side of the family so i'm the first trying to go greek! Its very exciting but very stressful at the same time!