View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 07:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Part of it too is I kind of feel like if they didn’t want me the first time, why would they want me the second. Also, when I went through, I really didn’t feel a connection with a lot of the houses. There were maybe 3 where I felt like I had good conversations, but I was cut from all three. Also, 2 of those 3 are considered top houses (I didn’t look at ranks before rush or do that on purpose, and there were other top houses I didn’t like) with very competitive recruitments so even if I improved, I kinda doubt I’d get a bid as a sophomore, especially considering my cuts this year.

At this point, I’m leaning more towards the colony. I’ve heard a lot of people say it is a “major time commitment” but nothing super specific. Is it like 5-10 hours per week (significant, but manageable) or more like 20-30 hours per week (I probably wouldn’t rush it if that’s the case)? Also what specifically do you do that takes so long? Is the time commitment only big for the first semester, or will it be a lot of work for the rest of college? I just haven’t been able to find much info on it.