View Single Post
Old 04-19-2006, 09:55 AM
GreekChat Member

She needs to start looking for Recruitment Info/signups about the 2nd, 3rd or 4th week of class.

It's extremely non-competitive, and recs are definitely not needed. DO NOT go and buy any new clothes for recruitment, unless you just feel like buying yourself something new. (Besides, your choices for clothes-shopping in Macomb are Maurice's, JC Penny, Wal-mart and Kmart).

Your first night of rush, you will meet your Recruitment Counselor and be divided in to groups. They will explain the rest of the rush process that night. The second and third night you will meet 3 sororities. They are usually wearing standard recruitment tshirts (all of the sororities get the same ones, with their letters) and jean skirts. Dress casually (actually, that night I had just come from guard practice and was wearing practice clothes). Second round is slightly more dressy. Third round is dressy, but not formal dressy. Something you would wear to church.

My number one piece of advice would be: BE YOURSELF. There is NO need to put on any sort of act. I would say 90%-95% of all the Greeks I ever met from Western are totally down to earth REAL people. You might find 20 Tiffany bracelets and 35 Coach or Kate Spade bags among all 6 sororities.