View Single Post
Old 04-08-2023, 01:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMcFly View Post
No, I don't have any friends

By working on social skills, I tried practicing talking, working on my tone, being more positive, and so on. I don't know why I am hated or unlikeable. I guess people just see me as weird or annoying to hang out with
Quote:
Originally Posted by KD4Me View Post
Greek life is one of many places you can find friends. I think you should turn your attention to finding friends-even one good one-who will be there for you. It is great that you have been working on your social skills. If you haven’t already, I suggest visiting your university’s counseling center. It could be that there are social clues that you are not picking up on that are making it more difficult for you to connect with others.

Fly, I agree with what KD4Me said in her post. You seem to be aware that you have difficulty connecting with others and it looks like you might struggle with social cues and situations. Have you ever been tested for Asperger's? It's possible you could be on the spectrum. Knowing something like that could be very helpful and freeing for you. Definitely go to your student health or counseling center to see if this might be the case. There are a lot of things that can help!

True and Constant