View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 08:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
I think it just shows that you don't necessarily have to have been past president, 4 year active, super Suzy sorority in order to contribute as an alumna. There are some alumnae who are reluctant to volunteer because they weren't in big leadership roles in undergrad and think the sorority can't use them. Not true!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusteau View Post
This is so true. A lot of times when I try to recruit alumni to be involved in my chapter they say "Oh, well I was just a regular member/lowly committee chairman/whatever, I don't think I know enough about how the Fraternity operates to contribute."
I agree with both of you. I've recruited many alumnae volunteers and often that is a big fear factor, or the fact that they've been out of touch for a while. I always try and get them to realize that they're a sister and that's the biggest requirement. Everything else really can be learned. Often I talk to them about their out of school experience and how I can see them in certain positions because of that. People often don't think of how their out of GLO experience can greatly contribute to a chapter or their organization.