View Single Post
Old 04-02-2023, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *winter* View Post
Wyoming was the place where Matthew Shepard was killed in 1998. I was in college when that happened and I will never forget it. Perhaps it’s seen as some redemption arc for the school in regards to LGBTQ issues?

Blows my mind that the movement has gone from people begging for basic human decency, research for AIDS, safety and the right to love who you want to live…to people feeling victimized and protesting over not being referred to by “they/them” pronouns. It’s like a mockery to all the work that the OG activists did in the 80s and 90s…just to survive. Now, a man can change his pronouns on a piece of paper so “she” can be in a sorority. They’re probably rolling over in their graves.

It’s also incredibly hypocritical to promote BELIEVE WOMEN (wait…that’s back when we WERE women and not uterus people or whatever they changed it to)…ok, believe survivors…because if someone feels unsafe or feels like their boundaries are being crossed…people should respect that…to, “go shower with a naked man with an erection in your sorority house and if you don’t, the problem is YOU.”

I’m totally supporting the women who came forward. Everyone has a right to feel safe in their own home…and, as a society, can we stop destroying and/or compromising women only spaces???
It’s exactly because it’s Wyoming.

And yes, they were intimidated into admitting this person. This article says as much. I wonder where the chapter is in the pecking order at the school. (IE, I can’t see the chapter at Texas being hornswaggled into this.)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ity-house.html

That this person is not small physically would be even more upsetting.

Meanwhile, in all probability, at another Kappa chapter somewhere, a member is getting brought in front of standards for sneaking her boyfriend who the whole chapter knows and likes into her room overnight.

This sucks for the transgender and non-binary people who just want to live their lives, and have been doing so. As with everything in the US, the extremes are the ones that can’t shut up.