View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 11:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
I really don't know if I should purchase it or not. I've been in touch with our employee inquiry people to get more information about coordination of benefits and it sounds like I might have to meet BOTH deductibles if I get the student health insurance. At the same time, I don't want hypo to worry about how to pay for the medications or vaccinations they may deem necessary at student health service while she's having a medical issue. They won't bill any other insurance so she would have to pay out of pocket on the spot for any medications issued at health service. Given her peanut allergy, which might require emergency treatment and her asthma which might require emergency steroids or albuterol, I don't want her to NOT go in because she doesn't have money to pay for it. On the other hand, I don't want to pay $1300 for the insurance and then have an extra $250 deductible to meet either. Ugh. I have to decide by August 1st.
That is a tough call! I am getting the same feedback from our health insurance company as well on deductible. The other thing is that the Health Center on her campus seems to be open so little she would have to go to a clinic most of the time anyway. That is what is holding me up...