Thread: MRABA Appeals?
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2020, 01:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainmama View Post
What we suspect happened is that my second choice ranked me high enough that my preference was overridden in order to fill my second choice's pledge class. I talked to a representative of panhellenic at my school and she said it was possible.
No. Just, no. That is NOT how this works, if you are talking about NPC sororities who follow RFM. Nice try. But no.

Well, since you are convinced that your #1 choice wants you, resign from your current sorority and wait another year. Rush next year and see if you get a bid from your #1 choice. I'll be waiting.

I re-read all the posts here and no one called you ungrateful. Those were your words describing how you yourself sounded(above). As for "mutual selection" - yes, you did get a say. You put both chapters down on your MRABA. You're upset because you didn't end up with your #1 choice. We get that, loud and clear.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity