Thread: MRABA Appeals?
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2020, 04:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Also, if you take a look at the NPC document I linked, it indicates that leaders within each chapter (such as advisor, membership VP, chapter president) review the bid lists they submit to the Greek Life office for computer matching, and then the chapter leadership reviews the bid list outcome BEFORE the lists are finalized with the Greek Life office and bids are hand prepared, signed, and delivered. Humans double-check everything, and each chapter has time to notice any discrepancies or errors before the bids are finalized. There is literally no way that your #1 choice neglected to give you a bid if you were really, truly on their bid list. Membership selection is private and none of us know what happened with your top choice's selection criteria or internal system or votes from women who aren't your besties that resulted in you not being placed high enough to be offered a bid. It does happen and things like this will happen again in life. I'm so sorry you are disappointed. I do hope you decide to do a 180 and relish the sisterhood that awaits you with the group who extended you an invitation to join. I think you have a short window here to put a positive foot forward. Seriously.

Last edited by Sciencewoman; 09-11-2020 at 07:45 PM.