View Single Post
Old 04-18-2006, 09:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Alpha Frog (Jess) and I both went to WIU. I graduated in the early 90's, but have worked with a couple of girls who are either still on campus or have just graduated.

WIU's a strange campus. There's not a lot to do in Macomb, and it's in the middle of nowhere, so you'd think Greek life would be huge. You'd be wrong. I don't think it's a priority for the administration. They wouldn't allow greeks on campus until the mid-1940's.

Formal rush is usually the second or third weekend in September; I'm not sure of the date. Currently, there are six groups on campus. Rush is not really competitive; you don't need recs, but they couldn't hurt. I *think* quota last year was in the high teens or low twenties. Contrast this with Eastern Illinois University's quota of over 40. There have been rumors that one chapter is in trouble; I don't know how true that is, and I won't post which chapter it is. I will tell you that WIU has lost 3 chapters in the last 20 or so years.

The groups on campus are:

Alpha Sigma Tau
Chi Omega
Delta Zeta
Phi Sigma Sigma
Sigma Kappa
Sigma Sigma Sigma

PM me if you want any more info. Jess, can you add anything?