View Single Post
Old 09-13-2023, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator

Yes and yes, Ace23 and BuffGirl. It is a phenomenon happening on many campuses and has been for many years, well before our national officers decided to do away with legacy policies. It’s almost as if legacies have targets on their backs, and not in a good way. Luckily, many legacies have caught on and simply leave off any Greek affiliations. That is what I advise now.

As to the old rumor that whole pledge classes could be filled with legacies, I rank that right up there with “ we can’t have chapter houses because the city, county, state, (whatever) considers housing for multiple women brothels.” I have yet to see pledge classes full of legacies only. Most sororities were required to invite legacies back to the first invitational, after which they were free to drop them, if they so desired. There were varying requirements concerning placement of legacies on bid lists, if they made it to pref. So, that dog don’t hunt. And these legacy decisions are coming back to roost. I have heard from alumnae of different sororities that they are no longer financially supporting their org due to these policy changes.

Last edited by FSUZeta; 09-13-2023 at 02:56 PM.