View Single Post
Old 12-14-2019, 03:25 PM
GreekChat Member

*throat clearing*

did anyone besides me READ the article? I quote:

The Miami video was estimated to cost between $200,000 and $400,000, so let's assume Alpha Phi rang up a similar bill — after all, they had to hire out the Pink Jeep Tour company, a helicopter pilot, a hot air balloon operator, the production team, and a singer for the original EDM song written by Artec.

In other words, we don't really know the cost of those videos, do we? I'm hardly defending Alpha Phi here, make no mistake about it. I'm simply saying people are getting a lot of exercise jumping to conclusions. Please. Alpha Phi has enough problems, seems like they like to keep adding to the list. That article was pretty pointed in its description of the ASU Alpha Phi members in the video.

My opinion about recruitment videos: waste of money, total superficial emphasis on form over substance. Kudos to Sigma Kappa at IU.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity