View Single Post
Old 08-20-2023, 06:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiez17 View Post
Membership selection is private and sadly, girls do get dropped from the process at times, though before pref is somewhat unusual, though it happens.

I've naturally been lurking Rush Tik Tok for a while and the way people found out who her Rho Gamma was and are actively asking why she got dropped is rude, and I've even heard that people are harassing other PNMs who didn't get dropped. I get it, you want to see PNM succeed during this process and find their home, but openly asking a Rho Gamma, who job is to deliver the news to the PNM ... I can't believe it.

Luckily, there have been Greek Alumni or those who have worked as chapter advisors/consultants who are trying to explain the situation to those who don't know about the process. PNMs were even told to not post outside of OOTD, and some are blaming a teen vogue article that came out (I'll link it here)

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/bama...more-relatable
They are blaming that article, but the other young woman who contributed to that article still got a bid. I think we need to be honest. Morgan is not like the women who typically join sororities at Bama. She would have been a GREAT fit in the chapter I joined, but not at Bama. I did very much enjoy watching the OOTDs but at the same time, kept thinking to myself that nobody on my entire campus would have made it at Bama. The focus on designer everything, the amount of makeup worn, the jewelry, the hair, etc.