View Single Post
Old 04-29-2002, 08:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey SWT Mom! How exciting. My little brother graduated from SWT this past December, and I know he absolutely loved San Marcos (said he's never leaving the Hill Country!).

You have gotten alot of good advice, and I PM'd you, but I'll just add a couple more things...

Recruitment at SWT is competitive, but not cut-throat. Your daughter should feel comfortable being herself & just enjoy the experience! She is going to meet alot of people--I don't know how big the Greek system @ SWT is percentage wise, but I know it is pretty visible to the community and strong.

Recommendations may be a big MUST HAVE at UT, but I don't think it's that crucial at SWT (of course, they can't hurt, either). I will ask my friend who is the DZ advisor at SWT how heavily recs are considered there (I know at my little school with only 3 sororities, recs really set a girl apart--and made us try harder to get them, no matter what organization the rec was from). I will also check with her to find out the scoop on all the chapters there...each of the organizations you listed has a great reputation nationally, as well as strong presence in Texas. I don't think she can go wrong with any of them!