View Single Post
Old 01-17-2024, 12:26 PM
GreekChat Member

To the PS: I am part of an arts fraternity and when I chartered a new chapter, nothing changed. I am a member of Phi Chapter, but my number remains the same.

To the main point, I googled your org and it has a pretty lengthy history - it existed before I first joined GreekChat. I think your longevity is important as well as your prior ability to expand.

But....

I think it's time to come together as a sisterhood and really discuss what you want your next steps to be, including your founders.

No pathway forward will be easy.

You could decide that you ARE a National Organization, get a national board, pursue the required insurance, and continue on pursuing inter-collegiate expansion.

You could decide to remain local, which means you're sort of relinquishing the right to grow.

You could decide that you want to pursue affiliation with a larger, older, national organization - which would most assuredly mean you give up your existing traditions, probably pay more money, and lose your identity as SIS - but potentially gain a much larger, more usely network of women.

I don't envy your position. Running an organization is hard enough, but then making these sorts of decisions is even tougher.