View Single Post
Old 02-19-2024, 10:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
Which AI, Alum Initiate or Artificial Intellegence?

I ask because a few months ago GC had a thread going where the questions and answers from an OP seemed to be generated by Artificial Intelligence. Their long long long Q&A came so fast and furious it was as if programmed by someone typing 200 words a minute. Their syntax IMO was unusual, too. That thread was eventually deleted for no other reason I could see other than some mod figured out the OP was some type of AI bot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
OMG, you're right. There was something about the stilted language and the odd switching of topics. We deal with it all the time at school.

To those of us in ag, it means artificial insemination.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
I must have missed that, what was it about?
You're right, 33girl, I dont recall you responding at all or only once to that OP months ago. That thread couldn't have been up more than a few days total.

Carnation has it right about that OP, their switching of thread topics was unusual, the language stilted, and it didn't follow our responses. Their posts tended to be long, ramble, and show up very fast after any of our responses, as if they'd been pre-typed and ready to go no matter our response.

I was about to ask in that thread if that OP was a bot/AI when the thread disappeared for no apparent reason and without a mod having warned the OP of a violation; I never saw a violation before it was removed. No big loss.

As to thread content it tended to be anything and everything about greek life.

Anyway, back to this thread's topic....

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.