View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 12:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukemama View Post
Same here, but I would have definitely preferred that my school had a bid opening ceremony at a central location. It was torture for me to see my freshman year roommate get welcomed by her new sisters at our dorm room after I was cut from every chapter after the 2nd round. Then again, I suppose I should have had the foresight to get out of dodge and hide in the library that morning!
My first school had a bid opening ceremony. I would have been such a mess if they had come to the dorm as my three best friends (including my roommate) who lived on my floor of 20 women all received a bid to the sorority I SIP and did not receive a bid from.

My second school also had a ceremony, but the rho gammas were placed throughout the PNMs. We also were given lists of where our group members received bids. Most of the rho gams were able to predict which PNMs would be unhappy with their bids.

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot