View Single Post
Old 03-13-2023, 08:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
I call foul that they had no idea they were in a precarious position. Nationals lose money when they have to close chapters and ordinarily, when a chapter is closed, Nationals has previously sent leadership consultants, regional, and national officers to lend a hand and offer guidance. Goals and deadlines are set. There is also correspondence from Nationals to the chapter, so if this did not happen with this chapter, unless this was a serious risk management issue, which is the only incident that might get a chapter closed down without notice, I don’t think you or your daughter have gotten the whole story.
I am sure I don't have the whole story. However, if the chapter was aware of its situation, that bolsters the point I made in my original post. Why were bids extended, then the new members released two weeks later? Weren't National and chapter advisors looking at the numbers during rush if the chapter's situation was that precarious? The timing prevented the new members from receiving bids from other chapters, receiving snap bids and participating in COB which most chapters had completed by the time the new members were informed they were being released. I understand closing a chapter is painful for the active members, but the timing negatively impacted the 25 new members. It was not a risk management issue.