View Single Post
Old 03-13-2023, 02:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyInMD View Post
My opinion is Alpha Alpha acted irresponsibly and callously, and the remaining sororities on campus aren't doing anything to assist these women. I'm giving you an example where seeing the process through and trusting the process did not serve this group of women at all. According to my daughter, about half the released PNMs are sophomore transfer students and will not rush again next year as juniors.
As far as the remaining sororities on campus doing nothing to assist the released women, said sororities made their own previous choices to release these women. No one can force a sorority to accept women they've previously released.

As far as seeing the process through and trusting the process, life turns and changes on a dime. There really are no guarantees in life. Going with the flow and bending/changing when necessary are good life options.

Reacting to and recovering from any type of sorority release requires more than complaining. Any released woman in your stated situation does have the option to re-rush, despite their apparent statements to your daughter that they will not do so.

There is also no hard-and-fast, NPC-wide mandatory rule that women cut by a chapter will always be cut; that decision belongs to each individual NPC group and involves Membership Selection which we on GC don't discuss.

Last edited by Cheerio; 03-13-2023 at 03:04 PM.