View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 09:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtterXO View Post
Along the theme of wedding photography, and to avoid a new thread, for those of you that are married (or been involved in a wedding where they did this) I have a question. At your wedding did you go to a location for photos between the ceremony and reception? My fiance would like some photos at the beach (I know, so cliche! haha) but I don't know if it's weird since we are likely doing the ceremony and reception at the same place - which is an old estate about 2 miles from the beach. I think we can do it if we go during the cocktail hour but I don't want to disappear for over an hour. Any thoughts or advice?
We did photos at the Boston Commons between the ceremony and the reception. We got married right down the road (Trinity Church in Copley Square), so it was a quick limo ride. This was during the cocktail hour, and it worked out well timing-wise; we did the photos, got back into the cars, and arrived at the reception just as cocktail hour was ending and people were taking their seats.

To be honest, I think most people expect the bride and groom (as well as the parents and wedding party) to "disappear" during the cocktail hour, because that's when most people do their pictures. At least, that's been my experience with my own wedding and the weddings I've attended (and I've attended a bunch of the past few years for college friends and family).