View Single Post
Old 07-15-2005, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by xo_kathy
Good luck to you!
UA is where we were founded!

[hijack]
The summer between my fresh. and soph year in college I taught pom/dance camps around the country. One of my schools was Arkansas and I happened to team up with a girl from my university (a Michigan school) who was a Chi O. She wanted someone to go see the Chi O sites with her (chapter house, Greek Theatre) so I volunteered. She convinced me to rush the next semester and, as luck would have it, I went Chi O! All my pledge sisters were jealous that I'd seen all the stuff we were reading about.
[/hijack]
hijack of Kathy's hijack!

When I cheered at the U of Arkansas, we had our pep rallies in the Greek Theater. What a cool place! You'd hear the band racing to the theater, playing the fight song cadence. Then when they got there, they'd march quickly down the stairs, playing another fast cadence and then we'd run in hand in hand with our partners. Then the fight song would start!

I've attended and taught at many schools and taught cheering around the nation, but I've never been at another school that had a more exciting pep rally entrance!