View Single Post
Old 10-02-2005, 10:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
It sounds like someone trying to make a quick buck. Why should a girl have to charge for that? Sorority members already pay enough throughout college for dues and whatnot.

While my campus is a lot smaller, we have a Panhel Advisor who was in a sorority at another campus as undergrad, and an Organizations Advisor type thing. I believe she was in a sorority in college but I'm not sure which. Anyways, they're services are free and basically the same.

Quote:
“The struggle lies in the ratio often Panhellenic executive members to roughly 500 to 600 potential new members,” Donovan said. “While the executive board members do a fabulous job, they will never have the ability to devote individual attention to a significant percentage of the potential new members.”
I think this reason is bullshit. She is ONE person, so if all these girls decided to go to her, how is SHE gonna give them individualized attention? There are X amount of Greek Ambassadors (which I'm assuming are Rho Chis?), X amount of Panhel Execs........ what makes her think that SHE can give better individual attention than X amount of girls?

I guess I'm curious about more background information on this woman. If she's a Greek, then I could understand this a little more, but I really don't understand her charging. Is she a psych major? Is she trained (like Rho Chis/execs) to give advice and support to PMNs who don't receive bids and need direction? This all seems like something that should be free.

KLTC