GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,662
Threads: 115,520
Welcome to our newest member, Matthew1
» Online Users: 1,578
6 members and 1,572 guests
ComradesTrue, g41965, PGD-GRAD

Old Yesterday, 06:39 PM
GreekChat Member

WIFLSRN: Mexico just elected their first woman president, who also happens to be a scientist.

While here in the United States, we have a convicted felon on the ballot who might get elected as the next POTUS, who also happens to be a dumbass.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old Yesterday, 08:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
This works when you have a partner who’s secure with herself. My girl is insecure. Nothing works for insecurity.

I hear you. Both your exes were like that?

Yeah. She lives with me.
There’s difficulties even with a secure compatible partner. I had neither. But when you have a partner who has a bunch of insecurities, it’s impossible. It was for me.

The first one was just disrespectful as hell. The second one was just crazy. She was the one who’d send the random, angry text messages out of nowhere. It’d be something that was brewing for weeks, then she’d start acting weird. I didn’t like going home to the first one.

That’s your only mistake was when she moved in with you. You’ve got all the drama of marriage with no benefits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
[I][COLOR="DarkRed"]One of my colleagues I teach with is going through a divorce. He told me all about it. I didn’t say it to him directly, but in my mind I said “Damn! And you put a ring on that???”
Haha, that’s what I say now looking back on both my marriages, especially the last one. I think I slept for 15 hours after our divorce was finalized. She took me to hell and back. Divorce seems like the only way to forge a truce. Happy at the altar, after that, unhappy married.
Old Yesterday, 11:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach View Post
Haha, that’s what I say now looking back on both my marriages, especially the last one. I think I slept for 15 hours after our divorce was finalized. She took me to hell and back. Divorce seems like the only way to forge a truce. Happy at the altar, after that, unhappy married.
Couples split for different reasons. But I think the problem today is that many couples have transposed the benefit of marriage with the goal, so that when the benefit—happiness—is not working out, they quit and move on, or they resign themselves to living a life of unhappiness.

A large percentage of marriages end in divorce, and many couples who remain together do so out of economic or practical constraints, not love and a shared purpose. The keyword there is “shared”. And purpose has more power than passion IMO, because emotions change, but the purpose remains and is what can tie two people together until they part through death.

It’s unfortunate, but as I’ve said before on here, when we were talking about people who cheat, or mistreat their spouse — many men and women tell their biggest lies on their wedding days, while standing at the altar. Either one person lies to the other, or they both lie to each other.
Old Today, 12:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
But you chose her, Phroze. You’re blaming her for your own choosing? And she moved in with you, too? 😂
I chose her but I didn’t know she would be a trip like this Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach View Post
There’s difficulties even with a secure compatible partner. I had neither. But when you have a partner who has a bunch of insecurities, it’s impossible. It was for me.

The first one was just disrespectful as hell. The second one was just crazy. She was the one who’d send the random, angry text messages out of nowhere. It’d be something that was brewing for weeks, then she’d start acting weird. I didn’t like going home to the first one.

That’s your only mistake was when she moved in with you. You’ve got all the drama of marriage with no benefits.
I see the sex, companionship, and the 50/50 on bills as the benefits. Living with someone compared to being married to them is different in that it’s easier to end it when I’m not hitched legally.

Quote:
Couples split for different reasons. But I think the problem today is that many couples have transposed the benefit of marriage with the goal, so that when the benefit—happiness—is not working out, they quit and move on, or they resign themselves to living a life of unhappiness.

A large percentage of marriages end in divorce, and many couples who remain together do so out of economic or practical constraints, not love and a shared purpose. The keyword there is “shared”. And purpose has more power than passion IMO, because emotions change, but the purpose remains and is what can tie two people together until they part through death.

It’s unfortunate, but as I’ve said before on here, when we were talking about people who cheat, or mistreat their spouse — many men and women tell their biggest lies on their wedding days, while standing at the altar. Either one person lies to the other, or they both lie to each other.
PB, you should write a book. I had to go back and read it again to make sure I understood your post though Lol. Your post makes sense, but the last part of it is the very reason why I’ll never be at the altar in the first place. I’ll be telling the truth, but because women bounce more than men do, statistically, I can’t trust she’d be telling the truth.
Old Today, 08:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
I see the sex, companionship, and the 50/50 on bills as the benefits.
lol
Hilarious!
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!