GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Alumni Involvement
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,612
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, sydnemaarleyz20

Old 03-19-2003, 06:16 PM
GreekChat Member

question for alum initiates?

this is completely random, but.....i was wondering if you were interested in receiving alum newsletters from the chapter in which you were initiated or would you rather only be contacted by the alum chapter to which you belong?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-19-2003, 07:02 PM

I receive both, from my initiating chapter and from the one to which I belong. It's nice to get them (and they're on email, so it's paperless and waste free)
Old 03-21-2003, 01:46 PM
GreekChat Member

ditto

although I do not know any of the girls from my initiation chapter, it would be nice to hear what they are up to.
Old 03-23-2003, 12:37 AM
Banned

I wish that I would be sent an alumnae newsletter from the chapter I initiated into. I knew some of the sisters (most are alumnae now) and am interested in what is going on - and I'm not currently a member of an alumnae chapter because there is not one near me.

Sarah
Old 03-23-2003, 10:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Yes, for us who are Alums, it is great to get news from both!

If you have an active Alum Assoc. they should send a news letter out.

The Active should send out a news letter out at least each Sem/Quarter.

Why you ask, the more that are informed about events, the more that will attend and help out when the Chapter is need!

Hand in glove type of thing!

BUT!, there has to be a current e-mail list and address to which to send hard material! While I have strived for 4 years, out of 600+, I only have 1/3 of the Initiated members for both!

It does take work by both Orgs to do it on a regular basis, but it does pay off in the long run!

When all else fails, start one yourself!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 03-27-2003, 09:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink Number 1 Emailed Newsletter Rule

Make sure you inform each chapter, preferably several people, of any changes in your email address!!

It's frustrating to have invalid emails. Many AGDs just got the "revised" alumnae directory and unfortunately some emails are already outdated b/c the member never told their chapter and/or IHQ what the new email (and/or snail mail) address is.

Believe me, it can take hours to update directories, lol!!

Rule 2 - Send the chapter information about yourself so that they can put it in the newsletter. You want to read about others so, hopefully, they want to read about you too.

Rule 3 (lol) - Stay involved so that when the newsletters are sent out, more and more people know who you are, lol...

Rule 4 - Go through 1, 2, and 3 again and again.
Old 03-27-2003, 10:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

AGDLynn, damn dont I know what you are talking about!

My International and I am sure all of the rest have so out dated rolls that it is not very funny! But the reason is the members do not keep them and you informed

But is a lot like pulling a slab of concrete with your teeth!

All you can do is just keep plugging along and hope for the best!

At least, I am getting a few who e-m me their new e-mails!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 03-28-2003, 07:46 PM
GreekChat Member

i think that my chapter is only missing a few addresses. i was just wondering because i have recently been given a copy of the contacts for the chapter and every one (3) of the alums who have been initiated into our chapter have requested that they don't receive information. i wasn't sure if people were less interested in receiving this newletter bc they were never on the campus, etc. i think that for these women, they may not have been attached to the chapter at all. i know that they were all initiated while i was a collegiate...and i never saw any of them before initiation or after initiation. plus, two of the women i know from the chapter recently sponsored their moms for alum initiation. unfortunately, they were not able to be initiated into phi kappa. the chapter they were initiated into is over an hour away from where they live, so i doubt they will want to be involved with that group. of course, i don't know for sure.