GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,611
Threads: 115,518
Welcome to our newest member, zlogantpz7495
» Online Users: 1,327
1 members and 1,326 guests
JayhawkAOII

Old 08-24-2003, 11:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quick ? about LSU rush!

Hi everybody. I found out today that quota was 76 for LSUs 10 sororities. And with quota being set so high and some taking quota plus why in the world is rush so competative there? I mean 76 * 10 = 760 bids to be given out! Unless you have like 2,000 going through rush or even say 1,300 I'm still just confused as to why its so competative with so many bids to give out? Plus quota additions. I know our chapter has 200 girls. Are they all that big? It seems like maybe they should bring another sorority in to make it less competative. I was just curious... Thanks!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-24-2003, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator

Somewhere on GC there are a couple of threads about why LSU isn't expanding. It's a combination of the PNMs only wanting certain groups and the expense of building a house.
Old 08-24-2003, 01:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Where stately oaks and broad magnolias shade inspiring halls
Yes, all of the NPC sororities are about the same size but their physical houses are running out of room. Most of the chapters have added new wings for sleeping and new larger chapter rooms but it’s not enough. Some chapters are looking to remain about the same size. However, with the popularity of TOPS and the increased birth rate for this new generation, there will be more young women going through and no physical place to put them.

The term competitive is relative to the situation. The bottom line is that there are still many women not placed. We look at the easiest numbers. Those who may not have bid matched and that may be only a handful at most. We sometimes completely overlook the ~300 who voluntarily withdrew or were cut out. That is enough, numerically in a perfect world, for another whole chapter or two.

The most recent expansion process took place in spring 2002. Tri Sigma was selected again but they declined again. The first time was in 1994. The reason same as last is housing. There are a couple of former sorority houses available on the row. However, the one nearest in competitive size is owned by the university and needs more than $1,000,000 in renovations. This does not include the purchase price of the house nor does it include furnishings. It also does not include general extension costs to the sorority. Those costs can rack up into hundreds of thousands too.

LSU threads of interest

No new NPC for LSU ... - 12-12-2002
http://forums.greekchat.com/gcforums...threadid=27320

Possible Expansion at LSU - 08-28-2002
http://forums.greekchat.com/gcforums...threadid=22740

I'm Going NUTS!!!!!! LSU - 08-23-2002
http://forums.greekchat.com/gcforums...817#post246817
Old 08-24-2003, 01:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks AOPi rose. It sounds like a problem over there but I can certainly understand why they have problems expanding. Hopefully none of them will get too big and they can continue the add-ons!