GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,699
Threads: 115,522
Welcome to our newest member, BillyBobThorton
» Online Users: 1,125
0 members and 1,125 guests
No Members online

Old 09-19-2000, 09:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Angry No He Didn't!

I read in the newspaper this morning that John McEnroe (of all people) had the nerve to say that the Williams sisters show a "lack of respect and humility." Well, ain't that the pot calling the kettle black! My, what a short memory he has. Does he not remember his temper tantrums, throwing raquets around, and ranting and raving on the courts with foul language?! And he says they lack respect and humility?!

He was also quoted as saying that he objected to Serena stating that she wanted to play in a men's tournament. He said that we don't hear about female golfers wanting to compete against Tiger Woods. Well, if a female golfer thinks she can beat Tiger Woods, then more power to her! Hello?! Does the name Billie Jean King sound familiar?

Finally, he wanted to know if it would kill them to say hello to people in the locker room. How does he know what goes on in the locker room? Is he there? We all know how many of the other players feel about them. They smile in their faces and talk about them behind their backs. I wouldn't want to speak to most of them either!

I'm sorry for the long post. I'm just a little...

Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-19-2000, 10:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Angry

Hey Soror AKAtude, I too heard about this yesterday. This society is a trip and as we can see the drama, childish games and jealousy will never end!! But as long as they remember their values and keep "playing the game" and playing well then they will be fine.
Old 09-19-2000, 01:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Angry

yes he did soror some folks still can't stand to see minorities out do them, gosh its just a tennis game, he must have some deeper issues going on inside, so in order to make himself feel or look good of course he'll slander someone else, they are children compared to him, what an ugly thing for him to say about them, i guess he still needs to grow up.
Old 09-19-2000, 06:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Of course, McEnroe is trifling and immature. Anyone who watched in his prime knows that. But check it. They realize once we get into a sport any sport we dominate. First, basketball and football. Now golf and tennis. Yes, they are upset and will continue to be.
Old 09-19-2000, 09:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Will people please stop drinking the Haterade!

------------------
KAPPA ALPHA PSI FRATERNITY, INC.
SPR 97
XI LAMBDA
Old 09-19-2000, 09:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Angry

Well Sorors and Friends, I heard about Mr. Man's comments and he definitely has got some nerve. Just a little while ago he was throwing tantrums like a toddler! He is just jelly that two young, female and black sistahs are tearing the court up and nobody can stop them! Who asked his opinion anyway?!? Thank you Soror Akatude - now he is in the locker room too, sipping on his hatarade like Nupe4life said. I bet the Williams sisters go into the locker room and nobody wants to speak to them. Sour grapes all around. Fine, don't speak to them. At some point all of their fellow "competitors" will have to respond to them whether it's on the court or in the press when they eat their own words! I can hear them now grunting and slamming balls into the back court!!!

------------------
We will remember not the words of our enemies but the silence of your friends. - Martin L. King Jr.
Old 09-20-2000, 01:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink

...lol

DON'T PLAYER HATE....

CONGRATULATE....

SKEE - WEE!
Old 09-20-2000, 02:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Red face

Wondering, does anyone remember the 1st time someone said about you..."She speaks so well."

The same thnig is going on here. Because of the gentleman-ness (I think I just made that up) of former stars like Arthur Ashe, McEnroe obviously has this polarized view of what Blacks in tennis, should and should not do.

It is rather insulting, disgusting, and shold not be tolerated. Nevermind the type of person he was (and still is!) It is further proof of what Blacks have been trying to explain to White people day after day. No matter what we do, no matter how far we go, if one person exerts a little attitude, a little self-assurance, or God forbid, a little PRIDE, and what are....
say it with me folks.. "Another Uppity Nigga!"

Dayum, you leave the screen door open for a second, and before you know it, "they're" climbnig all over the furniture! [a lttle sarcastic, but you get my point]