GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,699
Threads: 115,522
Welcome to our newest member, BillyBobThorton
» Online Users: 1,494
0 members and 1,494 guests
No Members online

Old 01-02-2006, 09:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SunshineFSU22
Rerushing and Recs

Hi! This is my first post! I am a freshman at FSU that is going to be rerushing as a sophomore in the Fall. I found these forums to be very interesting and informative and I wish I would have found GC before 2005's recruitment!

Ok to my question,
Last year, I received a couple of Recs, and I was wondering if it would be appropriate to ask the same women for recs again or if I should try to find recs elsewhere. Also, last year I was not very successful in obtaining recs because I do not know many Alumnae Sorority women. I was just wondering the best way of meeting women that could possibly write recs for me! (I have searched this topic but I have not been able to find a specific answer to this question!)

Thanks for your help!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-03-2006, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator

sunshine, by all means ask the women who wrote recs. for you this past fall to write recs. again for you(i hope that you remembered to send a thank you to them!)

i notice that you are from ponte vedre. i used to live in jax and at the time jax had a pretty active alumnae panhellenic association. they may still. you might go to npc.org. and see if there is contact information for an alumnae panhellenic association in jax. they may hold a recruitment information session sometime in the spring for graduating hs seniors- you could attend. there would be alumnae from different sororities there, who would explain how recruitment works , about recommendations and how to find recommendations for yourself.

in addition, contact former teachers, friends and coworkers of your parents, parents of your hs friends, ladies you know from church. even if they were not in a sorority, they may know someone who was and could connect you with them. friends who joined a sorority may offer to ask one of their chapter advisors to write a rec. for you.ask them. as i am sure you have read before, the recommendation may come from any alumna of the sorority--she does not have to be an alumna of that particular chapter. in other words, anna alumna, who was initiated at state u., can write a recommendation for reba rushee, even though reba rushee is
attending u of state.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Bumping b/c she's got some great news to share and I hope she'll come back to share it!
Old 08-29-2006, 10:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SunshineFSU22
My results...

After having a WONDERFUL rush experiance, I am now a new member of Alpha Delta Pi at Florida State University!

Thank you to everyone who supported me this year! I am so excited!!
Old 08-29-2006, 11:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh, darn, wish you had done a rush thread...because you are now my daughter's sister!

Check your pm's.

FSU Mom
Old 08-29-2006, 11:46 AM
GreekChat Member

How wonderful!!!

Welcome to Alpha Delta Pi!
Old 08-30-2006, 08:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations and welcome!!!