GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,700
Threads: 115,522
Welcome to our newest member, bradauasd4780
» Online Users: 1,437
0 members and 1,437 guests
No Members online

Old 06-06-2024, 06:47 AM
GreekChat Member

How did you connect to this site?

I connected to this site because I used to post on Pledge Park and Black Greek Forums, frequently. I went ghost for a minute due to personal reasons. When I got all that resolved, I came back but saw Pledge Park and Black Greek Forums were no more. This site showed up instead, when I was trying to search for the main two greek sites I frequently posted on.

How did you connect to this site?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-06-2024, 07:54 AM
Super Moderator

25 years ago, my daughter had just pledged AOII and with 8 more daughters to go, I Googled Greek links.
Old 06-06-2024, 10:20 AM
GreekChat Member

I was looking for paraphernalia to buy on greek websites. Searched Kappa Alpha Psi paraphernalia, and this website pulled up. Clicked on it, saw it was hoppin’ with Nupes, so I decided to join. After being on here for about a year or so, I found out I knew some brothers, met some brothers, went to college with three of them, found out I grew up in the same church as one of the D9 members here, that she too had been a member of, and met some other nice people from here. Didn’t see any of that coming.
Old 06-06-2024, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator

I remembering googling Greek Life or something like that, and of all the sites, liked GreekChat the best. It was right after 9/11 and I needed something more fun than was being posted elsewhere. One of the other chat boards I was on at the time was Big Soccer, but IDK if it survives.

I was a bit intimidated at first by the wildness of the SEC recruitments, but it became both entertaining and educational. I joined in November 2001, and my childhood nickname of Honey was taken, so I used what my (AA) cousins' grandmother always called me, Honeychile.
Old 06-06-2024, 09:53 PM
GreekChat Member

A sorority sister told me about it.
Old 06-06-2024, 11:35 PM
GreekChat Member

I originally was a regular on Greek Chat, but ended up on GreekChat. Greek Chat was an ethnic Greek chatroom that I posted on almost daily. It was lots of fun. It disappeared, so when I began looking for it, I ran across this one.

I lurked first, liked the topics, so I joined. But then, I also saw other ethnic Greeks joining, posting, and starting ethnic Greek threads, only to be told they were on the wrong Greek site. That made me think you had to be in a social, greek letter organization to post here, so I thought I would be asked to leave, too. According to John, we were on the same server as this site? And then it got overloaded or something? - around the time I got here.

Well, anywho, long story short, I’m glad I ended up here, because some of the members here are nice - members I really enjoyed chatting and laughing with. I also used the same username on Greek Chat that I do here, GreekChat. “cheerful” - I was a cheerleader in high school and college, and my personality is also kind of like that, based on what people tell me. And “greek” - the other half of my ethnicity.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!

Last edited by cheerfulgreek; 06-06-2024 at 11:49 PM.
Old 06-07-2024, 12:25 AM
GreekChat Member

I was getting my car inspected…I was sitting in the waiting room and found a copy of a book about sororities and started reading…

It brought back a lot of memories from college. So, when I got home, I googled Greek life and found this forum.

I like learning about interactions in groups. Learning about things that are completely different than my own experiences…so I stuck around.
Old 06-07-2024, 02:33 PM
GreekChat Member

I was browsing on google and saw it. Decided to join because the topics looked interesting.

ETA: and the topics would still be interesting if we had more than 4 people posting regularly Lol.

Last edited by Phrozen Sands; 06-07-2024 at 02:48 PM.
Old 06-07-2024, 03:50 PM
GreekChat Member

It was the early 2000’s, and I was trying to find a site where other Greek organization advisors or members posted topics and discussions. I was so excited to find a whole new world of information about Greek Life.
I’ll always be grateful for the friends (virtually) I’ve made and the helpful information I’ve garnered over these years.
Old 06-07-2024, 08:12 PM
GreekChat Member

People are going to hate this answer. I was volunteering at the international level and a chapter reached out, upset about a sister that was posting some stuff about the chapter. I came here first to see what the site was about and then to see if what that sister was saying was really as bad as they were saying it was.

I ended up loving it here and staying and posting regularly.
Old 06-08-2024, 09:02 PM
GreekChat Member

I think I ended up here after Googling about topics to help my local sorority. I don't post and read as much, but check in each day.