GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,685
Threads: 115,521
Welcome to our newest member, zaluscahvso8407
» Online Users: 661
1 members and 660 guests
Xidelt

Old 07-23-2001, 03:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Post Real World Chicago

I am a little late on this, but I heard that the "Real World" Chicago started filming last Friday. Has anyone in the area seen the house or run into the cast yet? (I'm guessing it would be pretty easy to guess who they are by the numerous cameras around them.)
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-23-2001, 07:39 PM
GreekChat Member

I haven't been near the house or seen the cast yet - but I know i'll get around to it. The Chicago season has already been having it's share of controversy. My sister lives right around the area (Wicker Park area) and recently there was a murder by the house in which the security guards who stand gurd at the entrance were summoned by someone who found a dead body in a car. No one from the house was involved - but the exact location of the house was given out to the public - so if youre familiar with the area (as i am) it is a piece of cake to find!
Check out this story - Real World Chicago is going to be very interesting - not just becuase i'm from Chicago, but b/c of all this hoopla surrounding it!

Real World Protesters Arrested http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-real23.html

------------------
"Behold the turtle, for he only makes progress when he sticks his neck out"
- Former Delta Zeta President Betty Heusch Agler (Xi Chapter)
Old 07-23-2001, 11:54 PM

Arrow

Well it is about time the real world was filmed in the midwest
Old 07-24-2001, 09:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Is anyone watching Road Rules 10? I loooove it! I saw the first episode and I was hooked, it's so good! Ellen's my favorite cause she's the most like me...she has all my clothes too...hahaha!
Old 07-24-2001, 09:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

I'll second that Ex Greek. I thought they should have done Chicago before they went back to NY...to kinda give it the all-over-America appeal. Oh well. I'm glad it's closer to home.
Hootie
Old 07-24-2001, 09:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

Sorry for being off topic but...another question for anyone who watched Real World Hawaii...Wasn't Amaya in a sorority? Which one was that? I can't remember! That was the only other Real World I've ever watched. I met Colin & got his autograph, he was doing a book signing thing at my high school. He's a lot smaller in person. Hehehe.
Old 07-25-2001, 12:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Amaya is a KKG from UCLA.

I don't know how I feel about this season. I think now, more than ever, people see this no longer as a springboard to an entertainment career, but to hook-ups. That Ellen seems so desperate, it's embarassing to watch her on TV. I thought Kevin has made it pretty clear that he has no romantic interest in her. Coral seems like she won't give Mike a chance...but he annoys me too. The other ones seem okay.
Old 07-25-2001, 01:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Who you calling "boy"? The name's Hand Banana . . .
Quote:
Originally posted by Ex greek:
Well it is about time the real world was filmed in the midwest
Hell yes - I keep writing them about The Real World: Des Moines . . . I'm still working on it, they can use my place if they want. But yeah - definitely didn't really need to go back to New York so soon
Old 07-25-2001, 02:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

<<That Ellen seems so desperate, it's embarassing to watch her on TV. I thought Kevin has made it pretty clear that he has no romantic interest in her. >>

Lori! Not Ellen! Ellen's the cool Road Rules girl....Lori's the Catherine Zeta-Jones lookalike who's lusting after Kevin. Hehehehehe. I like Rachel, she seems the most normal of the girls. I like Mike too, he's cute!
Old 07-25-2001, 03:54 AM
Unregistered-

Smile

Well, I'm happy that y'all are happy that the RW will be in Chicago...just don't end up being a RW groupie like I was when they were here.

But, to be honest, I don't know if I can take anymore RWs/RRs after this season.
Old 07-25-2001, 01:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Honey77484:
Is anyone watching Road Rules 10? I loooove it! I saw the first episode and I was hooked, it's so good! Ellen's my favorite cause she's the most like me...she has all my clothes too...hahaha!
Have y'all noticed that Road Rules appears to be sponsored by American Eagle Outfitters? All the kids are decked out in their clothes. Cheesy, but it's probably easier than when they had to gray out other name brand labels who weren't sponsoring the show. So called "reality" television.

Old 07-25-2001, 01:23 PM
GreekChat Member

KSig - I second that Real World: Des Moines... or maybe a Real World: Iowa City

------------------
"Behold the turtle, for he only makes progress when he sticks his neck out"
- Former Delta Zeta President Betty Heusch Agler (Xi Chapter)
Old 07-25-2001, 01:27 PM

Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by OohTeenyWahine:
Well, I'm happy that y'all are happy that the RW will be in Chicago...just don't end up being a RW groupie like I was when they were here.

But, to be honest, I don't know if I can take anymore RWs/RRs after this season.
Nah, it would never come to this small metro area

Old 07-25-2001, 02:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, one of my best buddies just got a job in Chicago this summer, after graduation, and I'm going to spend a weekend with him in August. The apartment or whatever that he's planning on getting is in the same 'hood as the Real World is evidently being taped. We're gonna see if we can't meet up with some of the cast. It shouldn't be to hard to figure out which ones are them

------------------
Steve Corbin
Lambda Chi Alpha
Theta Kappa Chapter
Rose-Hulman Inst. of Tech.
Old 07-25-2001, 02:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
why hasn't there been a Real World - Detroit yet??? I'm sure the numerous Michigan people on this board will agree with me.