GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,700
Threads: 115,522
Welcome to our newest member, bradauasd4780
» Online Users: 609
3 members and 606 guests
flamboyanttree, g41965, naraht

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-13-2011, 10:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby View Post
You're saying that she would indeed match to DEF, right? I had a situation in my head where that wasn't the case, but it would be the very rare exception, I think.

Does computer matching use the exact same logic as hand matching? Or is it optimizing the number of matches overall?
IF she was on the first bid list, she WOULD match to DEF. IF she was on the second bid list, she would only match if she was high enough on the list to match BEFORE they hit quota. It doesn't matter if she puts them second on her list, if she can't match with her first choice, and she matches with DEF, she can kick off a PNM who put DEF #1 if that PNM is lower on DEFs list if it's for the last spot in their pledge class. The Bid List has to be taken into consideration. Cross cutting is a myth (or was a result of misunderstanding of the rules by people doing hand matching.)

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!