GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Beta > Beta Sigma Phi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,662
Threads: 115,520
Welcome to our newest member, Matthew1
» Online Users: 1,690
1 members and 1,689 guests
adzzycjnr8025

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2002, 05:18 PM
Ginger

Beginnings of the Milwaukee chapter!

Just so yall know....this is going to be a slowly updated thread

For background... I'm looking to start a Nu Phi Mu chapter in the Milwaukee area. I hope to start pulling a group together (right now it's all me) this winter and start having interest meetings and the like at the start of spring term. But today at work I typed up a letter to send out to all the other Milwaukee area greeks (figured it was polite to tell them first, right?).

Tell me what you think:
-----------------------------
Hello fellow Milwaukee Greeks!

I wanted you to be the first to know that there is a new sorority coming to the Milwaukee area! Beta Sigma Phi is an international non-academic, community based sorority that is looking to colonize in and around Milwaukee.

We are looking to invite women from several campuses in the area to form a single chapter. This chapter will not be based on any one campus, nor will it be strictly limited to college students. The opportunity for membership in Beta Sigma Phi is open to adult women of all ages who are willing to dedicate themselves to the goals of Life, Learning, and Friendship.

Founded on April 30, 1931, the first chapter of Beta Sigma Phi was established in Abilene, Kansas. The sisterhood was born from a common need for connection among women and the world during the difficult years of the Depression. Beta Sigma Phi has grown to more than 250,000 members in every state, every Canadian province, and 20 other countries of the world. The purpose of Beta Sigma Phi is to provide women with the opportunity for social, cultural, and service activities. The sorority is dedicated to helping women grow mentally and spiritually, while fostering lifelong friendships. Beta Sigma Phi is non-political and non-sectarian.

I would like to invite all of you (both male and female) to attend one of our up coming informational meetings and find out more about us. Perhaps some of you ladies may even find another group to call sisters – while membership in Beta Sigma Phi is by invitation only, as a non-academic sorority, there is no issue with dual membership for women already affiliated with a NPC or local sorority! Many of our sisters nationwide (myself included!) are sisters of another social, professional, or honorary sorority.

I would also invite you to visit our international website at http://www.betasigmaphi.org , and our local website at (insert future site address here). Please feel free to email me at (again, insert future email address here) or call (my phone number) with questions or just to say hello!

May we all join together to further the bonds fraternity and sorority membership may bring.

Yours truly,

Ginger G.
Beta Sigma Phi -Milwaukee
Interest Group Leader
-------------------------------

Did I say anything I shouldn't have? like is it okay to call myself the "interest group leader". I know I used "we" a lot, even though it is just me, and I'm not a member yet, but I meant it sort of as me-speaking for what I hope will be come a new chapter? does that make sense? am I overstepping my bounds?