GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Alumni Involvement
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,629
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, zaisaacjuioro19
» Online Users: 1,239
0 members and 1,239 guests
No Members online

Old 09-27-2001, 11:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
Active?

Are you guys active with your chapter or your nationals or both?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-27-2001, 11:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

I'm active in 2 alumnae groups in the Atlanta area, and am also active with the UGA chapter. My own collegiate chapter is further away, so I chose to help UGA instead because I knew I'd be able to devote more time to a closer school.

Oops, I forgot to mention in this post earlier that I am the Georgia Membership Chairman for National Headquarters. It's my job to find "missing in action" alumnae throughout the state and update their contact information so that Headquarters can have current files on everyone and keep all alumnae informed of the things going on in our organization.

Last edited by dzrose93; 09-27-2001 at 05:06 PM.
Old 09-27-2001, 11:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
Thats a good idea. When I move to Atlanta I will join the alumni org there. I am not sure if I will help with a local chapter yet I guess it depends on time.
Old 09-27-2001, 12:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Hey, zntke711...

By the way, my cousin was a Kappa Sig pledge at Valdosta State, but he just moved because of a job he was offered. I'm not sure if he was ever initiated or not. I don't suppose you know him? His name is Tony Pressley.
Old 09-27-2001, 12:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Nope the name doesn't sound familiar. Odds are he didn't get intiated last year they got 40 pledges and only 9 ended up getting intiated from what I here.
Old 09-27-2001, 02:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to Sue_XO Send a message via Yahoo to Sue_XO
For Nationals- I am the Connecticut State Recruitment Information Chairman (whew- big title - but no salary... which I don't mind at all!!!)

If a young woman can not get a recommendation- they head to me and I do the research on her grades and activities, etc and write one out myself.

For my chapter (Alpha Delta- Indiana State!!) - I just purchased a disc of every members name from 1949 to 2001. I am making copies and mailing them out to any sister who wants one so they can make an "address book" out of it. I also organized a reunion two years ago for our chapter.

If you are not involved - go for it!!! Everyone appreciates the help so much and you meet tons of new people!!

Sue
Old 09-29-2001, 01:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Active meaning you participate or active meaning your a Brother? Yeah, I'm an initiated Beta Theta Pi with my nationals but my chapter is inactive. As far as participation I'm really not that active with my chapter but I do frequently stay in touch with my brothers. Thats something that will never change as long as I live. Whether we are inactive or not.

Kevin
Old 09-29-2001, 11:12 PM
GreekChat Member

I am an Alumnae Association President for Fayetteville, NC and I also help my old chapter as House Corp President.

I enjoy both, but the House Corp is Hard Corp work. We are looking for housing and have turned up EVERY stone in Greenville, NC!

I plan to volunteer my time to KD forever. I am self employed so I have a flexiable schedule that allows me to do just about anything...it's great!
Old 10-01-2001, 05:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ees125
My chapter is currently inactive, but will be going through a reorg next year and I plan on helping out in as many ways as I can. Once I stop moving around myself I am going to get involved more with an Alum group. Right now my job keeps me moving every 6-9 months.
Old 10-01-2001, 07:40 AM
GreekChat Member

ESS I hope you chapter reorg goes well and your chapter does better than ever before and never need to close down again.
Old 10-01-2001, 09:04 AM
Banned

I'm chapter adviser for my chapter but am not all that active with my local alumnae chapter because I live about 2 hours away from them. I do get to see the president every week, though so she keeps me up to date on their adventures. =)
Old 10-02-2001, 08:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ees125
zntke711...thank you! It is always nice to hear such encouraging words. I never knew any TKE's personally, but you are a wonderful credit to your letters. I know as an Alpha Gam, that I am proud to say we have a "connection."
Old 10-02-2001, 04:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Posted this somewhere but CRS has kicked in:

Member of House Corp
Stated the Local KC Alum group
On the mentoring panel
Locator of Alums
Started the Core Group to build a new house.
Re started the Alum Golf Tourn.

I guess other than that not much!!!!

LX Z # 1
Alumni