GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,700
Threads: 115,522
Welcome to our newest member, bradauasd4780
» Online Users: 1,149
2 members and 1,147 guests
chi-o_cat, Mooch279

Old 01-12-2012, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by potential_greek View Post
I do understand that, and I am not trying to assume anything. At my campus it's very very rare for anyone, including upperclassmen, to be released completely, though.
Campuses like this don't have an upperclassman quota - it would be an unnecessary complication. Campuses like this are also more likely to take someone whose grades aren't the most stellar. You're contradicting yourself big time.

Unless you have become close friends with 95% of the women in a sorority and improved your grades a lot, be prepared to get yet another bid from the sorority you spurned the last time - if that.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:21 PM

Thread about upperclassman quota (PSA for PNMs.)

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...classman+quota

Read it.

Lakers Nation.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Campuses like this don't have an upperclassman quota - it would be an unnecessary complication. Campuses like this are also more likely to take someone whose grades aren't the most stellar. You're contradicting yourself big time.

Unless you have become close friends with 95% of the women in a sorority and improved your grades a lot, be prepared to get yet another bid from the sorority you spurned the last time - if that.
I think I've been unclear. I would be thrilled to get a bid from ANY sorority on campus. In fact, the one I dropped last time is one in which a have many friends. I'm not going by reputation anymore, I have matured past that. Recruitment is currently going on and do far I have still been invited back to a couple in which I could see myself. Assuming I get a bid, And since the start of upperclassmen quotas it's pretty rare not to, I know in which chapters I am most likely to end up. I did not in any way mean for this to turn into an argument or to seem arrogant but I'm guessing that's how you all took it. I apologize.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:00 PM

Quote:
I think I've been unclear.
No, I just think you don't know what you're talking about.

Quote:
I do understand that, and I am not trying to assume anything. At my campus it's very very rare for anyone, including upperclassmen, to be released completely, though. I guess it does sound a little arrogant to say that, though, so please don't take it that way. I'm sorry if I've seemed disrespectful in any way, I genuinely do not mean to :/
If upperclassmen don't get released completely, just for being upperclassmen...THEY DON'T NEED TO HAVE AN UPPERCLASSMAN QUOTA. That would be like having landing gear for a 747 on your bicycle.

So, either you 1) are WAY overestimating the noncompetitiveness of your school's sorority system or 2) heard about an "upperclass quota" and think it's something your school has because upperclassmen get bids.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
No, I just think you don't know what you're talking about.

If upperclassmen don't get released completely, just for being upperclassmen...THEY DON'T NEED TO HAVE AN UPPERCLASSMAN QUOTA. That would be like having landing gear for a 747 on your bicycle.

So, either you 1) are WAY overestimating the noncompetitiveness of your school's sorority system or 2) heard about an "upperclass quota" and think it's something your school has because upperclassmen get bids.
Okay, I am obviously wrong about something. I am sorry for speaking about something as if i understand it despite not knowing the correct information.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
There are a couple chapters that have girls with grades similar to mine. I'm keeping an open mind, don't worry lol.
An active member with grades barely making a minimum =/= a rerushing sophomore PNM with an established similar GPA. You're making a lot of bad assumptions about membership selection based on things you have "heard."
Old 01-12-2012, 04:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Row View Post
An active member with grades barely making a minimum =/= a rerushing sophomore PNM with an established similar GPA. You're making a lot of bad assumptions about membership selection based on things you have "heard."
I understand. I will just see how things go.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Okay, I am obviously wrong about something. I am sorry for speaking about something as if i understand it despite not knowing the correct information.
It's okay. One of the reasons we go on and on and on to clarify points is because, for every PNM who asks a question, there are probably twenty who see the thread in a search. So, we're not trying to beat you up, just to be extremely explicit in how things work.