GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,632
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, damastopy6073
» Online Users: 2,077
0 members and 2,077 guests
No Members online

Old 07-09-2000, 09:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to Eli
Id say if you have confidence in yourself, then you are "good to go." Size does not matter, its all spirit. (There is a girl that used to go to my college that was in a Sorority... she pledged at 350 pounds). She is one of the most popular girls to have gone through!

Easy E www.angelfire.com/va2/gammachi
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-10-2000, 05:36 PM
eternity

I pledged and I am not a little man. I did what was in my heart and my org. didn't care that I was big. They were concerned with what I could contribute to them and the community. Keep your head up and if your weight is a problem for them then they are not worth your time.
Old 07-10-2000, 11:09 PM
GreekChat Member

i think everyone's already said the most important things. character is what it really comes down to. my chapter's awesome about that. we've got thin chicks, chicks with huge chests (which is something else we've been somehow known for), straight chicks, lesbians, bisexual chicks, mormons, catholics, orthodox jews, girls from the city and girls from the country. the list goes on and on and i'm sure a lot of the members of the organizations here have chapters similar in diversity.

when you're rushing, take a step back and try to look at the chapters holistically, from a third-party point of view. look at how they interact with each other. which rushees are they gravitating to and why? is there any pattern there? are they only talking to the girls in armani, the thin ones, the ones with very high GPA's? see where you might fit in. it might also be a good idea to not rush until second semester (at my campus, frosh can't do that anyway, as i think it is true with many other campuses.) look at how they treat the general campus population. but also remember, why are you going to college? to get your higher education, i hope. yeah, this is really cheesy and preachy and all, but seriously--try to get your feet on the ground before hunting for a sorority. fit in with your roommate, your suitemates, find people in your classes that you enjoy. if they happen to be sisters, awesome! but if not, that's awesome too! greek life is a part of college, but there are so many other parts as well. don't stress about it, sweetie...you'll fit in somewhere.

most sincerely,

etienne
sigma alpha iota
eta mu chapter-the university of hartford