GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,700
Threads: 115,522
Welcome to our newest member, bradauasd4780
» Online Users: 582
3 members and 579 guests
flamboyanttree, g41965, naraht

Old 09-06-2002, 04:00 PM
GreekChat Member

University of Akron Recruitment

Hey everyone!!! Akron began recruitment events last night and I'm so unbelieveably excited I can barely contain myself!!!

I'm part of Panhellenic and I get to be on the other side this year and I'm also very involved in the planning of recruitment. At the beginning of the week, we had 36 women signed up to go through recruitment (mind you our quota is usually 11 or 12 every year and we only had one registration period during Welcome Weekend so for us that is very good). We had tables every day this week and Sorority Forum last night. We had 81 women signed up yesterday before and by the end of the night we had 115!!!!! 61 women came to check out the chapter at forum. We have house tours tomorrow and parties will begin on Tuesday night!!

We are hoping for a bigger recruitment this year than normal (quota at least at 15).....so wish us luck and I'll let you know how it goes!!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-06-2002, 05:30 PM
GreekChat Member

GO AKRON!!!

hannahgirl
Wow, good luck with Rush! How many chapters do you have on campus? It seems like your quota is going to rise dramatically this year, congratulations! Your recruitment planning must have been terrific! Good luck again!
violets
Old 09-06-2002, 08:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Akron has 5 chapters....
Alpha Gamma Delta
Alpha Delta Pi
Alpha Phi
Delta Gamma
Kappa Kappa Gamma

Funny thing about recruitment planning....we had a Joint Exec Board meeting the monday we got back and decided that we were fed up with our 2nd VP of Recruitment because she was not updating anyone on what was going on with recruitment, plus some other issues. So we decided at Panhellenic on Wednesday, we were going to have a "hearing" for the termination of her office because that is what we felt was best for the Greek system and for Recruitment. So she was terminated and the three of us (pres, treasurer, and awards chair) took over the planning for Recruitment. Thats why I'm so ecstatic that it is turning out great so far. Heres to hoping that it lasts until Bid Day next Saturday!
Old 09-06-2002, 09:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Hannahgirl,
Well, those decisions are tough, but you had to do what you felt was best for the system as a whole. The beauty of membership in NPC groups is that you get to undertake positions of leadership, and sometimes make major mistakes. Your VP of recruitment is probably upset right now, and might be acting quite bitter but with time she'll be able to learn from the experience. That's what I love about sorority life on the collegiate level, its a place to experience both success and failure with the support of other women around you.
Congratulations on standing your ground and helping pnms find their homes in NPC orgs. I hope your recruitment goes beautifully.
violets
Old 09-07-2002, 01:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Congrats !!! coming from a system where quota is usually around 9-12 I know how it is to get people interested in coming out to recruitment events. We've had lots of people sign up through tabling and everything too though... so going greek must be on the rise every where !!! Keep us posted on how things are going for you
Old 09-08-2002, 09:43 PM
GreekChat Member

congrats!

My grandma and her two sisters are DGs from your chapter (Eta, right?). I'm sure she'll be glad to hear that there is great leadership there! Good luck with recruitment!!
Old 09-11-2002, 05:55 PM
GreekChat Member

So since it has been a while since I posted the last update, I thought I would let you all know how it is going here.

We had house tours on Saturday and from what I heard they went really well and about 61 women attended. (I wasn't there cause I had a wedding to go to).

We began the first round of parties last night and had about 80 women in attendance. They all seemed very excited and very much into joining. Chapters dropped last night for grades so almost everyone will be coming back tomorrow night for round 2 to every house.

I'll update in the next couple days whenever I get a chance!
Old 09-12-2002, 08:26 AM
GreekChat Member

hannahgirl: Good luck with recruitment. I'm from Mansfield so if your university needs help with anything regarding recruitment send me a PM...I'm less than an hour away.